Apr 282010

good news for who’s using sbopkg with sbo-git as a repository.
tnx to 55020 for the setup instructions:

Just to point out, sbopkg already has support for git repositories. 
So you can use the "current" branch of Ponce's unofficial repository in sbopkg
by creating a file at /etc/sbopkg/repos.d/30-SBo-git.repo containing the following text:

# Repo Branch Description Tag Tool Link CheckGPG
SBo-git current "Unofficial repository for -current" _SBo git git://github.com/Ponce/SBo-git.git@current ""

Then, within sbopkg, you should go to the Utilities menu and use the Repository option
to select the SBo-git repository.
You can then go back to the main menu and select the Sync option as usual.

I’m improving my git-fu and now, using binary patching, I will update directly the -current branch without recreating.
that means, basically, that you can sync it from inside sbopkg with no need to delete/reset old checked out git files. 🙂
this will work for you if you have checked last time my 20100425 commit, if not you have to

rm -fR /var/lib/sbopkg/SBo-git

one last time (I hope :P)

I’ve setup a file .gitattributes in the root of the git repository with this content

*.gz binary
*.bz2 binary
*.tgz binary

then i diffed the two latest master commits

git diff --binary b3541a6a8166ba54b41f104746bbf4119e501935 05f5636958c44b6fb5042cbaae3721536f5f51a2 > /tmp/sbo.diff

then I switched to branch “current”.
here I checked if some of the updated slackbuilds matched the ones I’m mantaining and to avoid confilcts applying the patch from master I restored their state in the tree at the one they have on master before last update: in this specific case only gpac was affected

cd multimedia
rm -fR gpa*
wget http://github.com/Ponce/SBo-git/raw/b3541a6a8166ba54b41f104746bbf4119e501935/multimedia/gpac.tar.gz.asc
wget http://github.com/Ponce/SBo-git/raw/b3541a6a8166ba54b41f104746bbf4119e501935/multimedia/gpac.tar.gz
tar xf gpac.tar.gz
chmod 644 gpac/gpac.SlackBuild
cd ..

after that I applied the patch from master into this branch

git apply --binary /tmp/sbo.diff

then I removed the .gitattributes file and added new files

rm .gitattributes
git add .

and then I commited

git commit -a -m "sbo repo for current 20100428"
git push origin current

results are shown in the SBo-git homepage.

I’ll try to update the current branch this way from now on. 🙂