You have a full slackware installed and you want to use it as a LAMP server? here is a basic setup with phpmyadmin, if you like pretty interfaces for database administration (optional), in some easy steps (as root).
This is a superquick guide, for more informations consider reading mRgOBLIN excellent article.
let’s start 🙂
– make executable the init scripts of httpd (apache) and mysql
– initialize the database and create standard mysql tables (I suggest to read output on screen, it’s interesting)
– start the database daemon and execute a post initialization script: you need to input some data for setup (I suggest to accept defaults to questions)
– edit /etc/httpd/httpd.conf: uncomment a line to enable mod_php and add index.php to the DirectoryIndex directive
– get phpmyadmin from slackbuilds.org, build the package and install it
– start the webserver
congratulations, your LAMP server is up and running! 😀
your DocumentRoot is /var/www/htdocs/, put your stuff in there.
you are also free to look around in your phpmyadmin: use the root credentials setted during the mysql_secure_installation step
if you are on another host you can substitute localhost with the output of this command on the server